Industrial Relations and Employment Law
Industrial relations and employment law goes to the heart of how we manage our industries, our organisations and our people. It covers a vast array of issues that need to be understood and dealt with every day - from complex industry matters through to workplace change.
There's a need for lawyers with depth of experience in both industrial relations and employment law - people who can represent you in a difficult industrial dispute one day and give practical advice on being a good employer and avoiding litigation the next.
Building on this quality of experience, our philosophy is simple - our approach straightforward. It is to cut through the complexity, understand the problem and find the best outcome for the client.
Focus areas include:
- negotiation and enforcement of industrial agreements and awards
- occupational health and safety, discrimination, workers' compensation and superannuation
- employment contracts
- defending prosecutions under industrial legislation
- resolving industrial disputes including civil actions relating to union conduct
- advising on wage fixing principles and practice
back to Areas of Practice